Get involved in this CDE to improve your skills in dairy cattle selection and herd management. At the competition, members complete a written exam, evaluate dairy cattle on physical characteristics and give oral reasons explaining their various classes. Team members also cooperatively analyze a herd record.
- Agriculture Forestry & Production – dairy farmer, dairy herdsman, animal technician veterinary technician, milker, and dairy show specialist.
- Management and Financial Specialties - agricultural educator, agricultural extension agent, farm manager.
- Marketing, Merchandising, and Sales – dairy cattle buyer, dairy broker, livestock commission agent, dairy inspector, dairy breed representative.
- Science and Engineering – veterinarian, dairy nutrition specialist, animal health/pharmaceutical representative, animal genetic technician.
- Education and Communication Careers – agriculture education teacher, dairy magazine writer, public relations representative, college instructor, education specialist, technical writer
- Agricultural and Forestry Production
- Management and Financial Specialties
- Marketing, Merchandising and Sales Careers
- Science and Engineering
- Social Services
- Education and Communication
Links & Resources