There are 6 categories.
Environmental Services/Natural Resource Systems
Food Products and Processing Systems
Power, Structural and Technical Systems
Once a member places 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a category/division, they will no longer be allowed to compete in that respective category/division. For example, if a student places 1st, 2nd or 3rd in Animal Systems Division 2, they must choose another category or do a team project to compete in Animal Systems Division 4.
All divisions have remained the same as previous years.
Division 1—Individual Grades 7-8
Division 2—Team Grades 7-8
Division 3—Individual Grades 9-10
Division 4—Team Grades 9-10
Division 5—Individual Grades 11-12
Division 6—Team Grades 11-12
- Grade level is determined by the member’s grade level at the time of state certification (grade level at time of winning the state event).
- Team members must be from the same chapter at time of state certification (grade level at time of winning the state event).
- State declaration through state staff My FFA is due June 1.
- Member certification through the chapter advsior’s My FFA is due by July 15.
- The complete written report and Excel agriscience fair application must be postmarked to the National FFA Center by July 15. (Monday the 16th this year since the 15th is on a Sunday). The application can acquired from the agriscience fair webpage on the national FFA website. All pages are required from this document. If a page is missing, a page is not completely filled out or a page is missing signatures, it will be considered an incomplete application.
- The Top 15 in each category/division will be selected from the score of their written report during the week of summer judging (August 5-10). These individuals will be announced with the proficiency finalist and national chapter MOI, MOE and OMS finalists. Please refer to the agriscience fair handbook for details, format and the scoring rubric for the written report.
- These Top 15 will come to the National Agriscience Fair at national convention to present their research project.
- The written report score will count for 25% of the overall score. The interview judges will not see this score.
Rankings will be designated as the following:
Disqualified—Wrong Category or Violation of Rules
National winners of each category/division will continue be recognized on main stage during the Friday evening session.